Gua sha is an ancient treatment used in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) that involves gliding a smooth surfaced tool along the skin to break down tension and increase the free flow of healthy circulation in the tissues. Facial gua sha is therapeutic and it helps to improve skin condition.
- relieving facial and jaw tension
- manual lymphatic drainage
- facial contouring
- body massage
A symbol of serenity and purity, jade promotes various qualities such as peace, luck, wisdom and balance.
Jade has a rich history in the Chinese culture for thousands of years. The empresses were known to use jade stones as part of their beauty ritual, and it is said that the emperors used the power of jade to draw negative 'chi' (energy).
HOW TO USE
Before you start, refrigerate your gua sha before use for an extra cooling effect. Prep your skin with facial oil, along with your skincare products.
- Using the heart shaped curves at the one end and keeping it flat against the face, start at the chin and scrape the jawline until the ear. The pressure should be light and comfortable to the skin.
- Using the inwardly curved edge, scrape the corner of the nose out towards the ears.
- Use the outwardly curved edge and place it in the inner corner of the eye. Scrape towards the temples.
- Scrape the eyebrows upwards to the hairline moving across the forehead.
- Scrape from the middle of the forehead horizontally out towards the temples.
- Using the inwardly curved edge, scrape the neck starting from the jawbone and ending at the collarbone.
WHEN TO USE
Can be used as many times as you want!
HOW TO CLEAN
Wash with water and mild soap after every use.
Wipe it dry before storing it away in its Springsea box.
1. Depuff your face
2. Stimulate collagen production
3. Sculpt face and neck
4. Boost blood circulation
5. Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
6. Aid skincare absorption
7. Ease muscle tension
8. Promote lymphatic drainage
9. Reduce stress
10. Clear up skin blemishes